Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Doll complexion-add color

  1. #1
    Inactive Member minilover6's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2006
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Naturally I love AG dolls but one thing I would do if I were designing them is to add a little more color to their complexion. A few of my dolls are just plain colorless, in other words --blush or rosier cheeks and maybe a little more color to their lips.

    Has anyone out there done this in a safe manner as not to rub off on clothing? I thought I had previously seen this posted but can't find it anywhere. Of course I don't want them clown like but a little more color couldn't hurt.

    Thanks for any tips!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Temporary color - you can use regular blush powder from CVS. It stays on quite well. I like to add lip color with a very small (#0) brush and acryllic paints. I also usually repaint the eyebrows. Having a new doll for me is like having a new canvas for my mother (oil painter). I can scarcely bare to leave a doll's face as it comes.

    Example, check out Nat in my siggy. She's got a lot more sparkle than just plain Jess, much though I love Iris (another Jess whom I haven't tampered with yet).

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 3castles's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2006
    Posts
    372
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's in the website sticky at the top of the page. Look in the first section where the re-stringing and re-wigging instructions are.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •